Google has released Drive for Work along with a new premium version of G Suite called G Suite Unlimited (GAU). With GAU, customers can enjoy benefits from the additional features such as unlimited storage and new auditing tools. Read on to learn about all of the new features of Drive for Work and GAU!
Drive for Work
- New web and mobile experience — a redesigned Google Drive available on mobile and desktop that makes organizing and sharing your files faster and easier than ever
- New office editing capabilities — you can now edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files directly from Drive and the Docs, Sheets, and Slides home screens without needing Microsoft Office
- Encryption at rest — as of today all files uploaded to Google Drive will be encrypted not only from your device to Google and in transit between Google data centers but also at rest on Google servers
- New admin features — admin tools to restore deleted documents and improvements on the transfer file ownership process before deleting user accounts
G Suite Unlimited
- Unlimited storage and larger file sizes — Google Drive for Work will include UNLIMITED storage for all your users and support single uploads of up to 5 TB files
- Additional reporting tools — a new Drive Audit page in the Reports section of the Admin Panel which contains detailed Drive audit data
- New auditing features — the Reports API will include a new API that has additional event coverage and more powerful filtering on various attributes
- More granular admin controls — you can now set Drive sync client, offline, Apps, and Add-on rules at the Organizational Unit (OU)
- eDiscovery — G Suite Vault now includes content stored on Drive
For additional information about Drive for Work and G Suite Unlimited, contact us today!