I recently attended the ACCS event in Norfolk, Virginia; an event designed for higher education institutions to understand emerging technologies and how they can impact current environments. Here’s what I learned:
- Most higher EDUs that had presence at the event were not operating on Google.
- EDU help desk and IT administrator staff handle large monthly volumes of tickets requesting password resets.
- There is a disconnect with student body technology needs and faculty and staff technology requirements, as most students are independently using Google while the faculty and staff are operating on another system causing a technology bottleneck.
So, here is why higher EDUs need Google’s Cloud:
- G Suite for EDU provides K-12 and higher education institutions with a free cloud messaging (email, calendar, instant messaging, video conferencing) and collaboration (document storage and real time collaboration) solution.
- G Suite has two factor authentication built into the solution adding an extra layer of security to users’ accounts. G Suite also enables users with the ability to self-service reset passwords. Administrators have the ability to enable this feature for end users. This reduces the burden of an organization’s help desk regarding the amount of tickets that are associated with password requests.
- Google’s powerful real-time collaboration that is built into the G Suite services (email, calendar, Drive, etc.) provides teachers and faculty with tools like Google Classroom, Google Sites, Unlimited Drive Storage, as well as full tracking and user accountability and more. G Suite has VPAT compliance and Google offers one of the most secure SaaS solutions today.
If you are interested in transitioning to G Suite for Education for your organization or in learning more about Tempus Nova services, please contact us at email@example.com.