I’m happy to welcome Tempus Nova’s newest Inside Sales Rep (ISR), Valerie Garber. She comes to us from Huntsville, AL and was born and raised in Veracruz, Mexico. Valerie graduated from the University of Alabama and has spent the last five years working in different sales roles across the technology, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries. Valerie will be supporting the Tempus Nova Sales Team with lead generation, account management, and increasing sales! Outside of work, Valerie enjoys Alabama football (Roll Tide!), lake weekends with her family, spending time outdoors, and she is looking forward to exploring Denver and the Rocky Mountains!
I recently sat down with Valerie to learn more about her experience transitioning to a Google Apps corporate environment, as well as becoming a Google Apps Certified Sales Rep and here’s what I learned:
- Q: When did you first start using Google Apps?
- A: I first started using Google Apps (Gmail, Drive) during my time at the University of Alabama. Thanks to the University, I was able to utilize Gmail and Drive (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Sites, Presos) for free. It also provided me a very natural transition using Google Apps in my professional life and one that made sense.
- Q: What has been your experience transitioning to Google Apps professionally?
- A: I have always worked in a sales capacity whether in the pharmaceutical, software, or healthcare industries. Your success as a salesperson not only depends on your personal success, but your team’s success as well. That being said, it is very important to have the tools that provide high velocity collaboration. I really enjoyed experiencing the Google Apps platform that provides real time collaboration and increased efficiencies. Once you go Google, you can’t go back…it just makes sense.
- Q: What are some things that you are learning within Google Apps that are game changers?
- A: It’s the little things that I appreciate the most. For example, never having to remember to click on the save button is huge. I no longer have to worry about losing work as Google Apps automatically saves with every keystroke. Another game changer for me is the calendar functionality. Google Calendar makes it easy to schedule meetings with multiple people without double booking. As I mentioned previously, real time collaboration is a feature I love because I can simultaneously work in a Google Doc with co-workers and projects are easier to complete.
Many thanks to Valerie Garber our new ISR for providing us insight into her experience with Google Apps. To learn more about Tempus Nova and Google Apps, please visit us at www.tempusnova.com.